Graduate Actuarial Model Developer
Ponuka pracovnej príležitosti pre absolventov fakulty
- Join our young and dynamic team!
- Take part in the internal on-boarding training into insurance, reserving and statistical software.
- Be involved in working groups with senior colleagues across the whole Zurich group.
- Get international working experience.
- Travel abroad for projects.
- We offer wide range of international career paths reachable at advanced stage
- Take advantage of our internationally recognized UK Actuarial Qualification program through the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries, including study leave.
The role is to support development of Life actuarial model and produce actuarial runs for valuation purposes.
After an initial period of training your responsibilities will include:
- Developing, maintaining and delivering Life actuarial models including the proper and transparent testing
- Assisting in the integration of Life actuarial models received from multiple countries into a single regional or global model.
- Running Life actuarial models taken over from Zurich’s Life Business Units and producing numbers required for various reporting exercises.
- Testing and validating Zurich’s Life Business Units administration systems.
- Following the Zurich methodology standards, including documentation requirements and control framework.
As an Actuarial Model Developer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- University education (Master's degree) in Financial mathematics, Actuarial science, Statistics, Quantitative methods or some other numerical degree
- Advanced English skills, other languages are a plus
- Communication skills, ability to understand the wider picture
- Creativity, open minded and proactive approach
- Willingness to embrace actuarial career
- Ability to travel abroad
Primary work location is Bratislava. Extensive travel may be required (from 5% to 50% of time) depending on project assignment. You can apply by following the link to Zurich Career Website: https://zurich.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=1600040A&lang=en
Who we are?
Looking for a career that will excite, challenge and inspire you? Thinking about insurance? Perhaps you should. Working for us is a totally different experience to what you probably expect. How do you feel about the things you truly love? Don’t you want to protect them in the best way possible? Imagine if you could help people do this all over the world. You’d give them confidence and reassurance by protecting what they love most. This is no easy task. In today’s interconnected world, tackling risk is fast, unpredictable and invigorating. You’ll have to think on your feet as you manage risks big and small, from flooding to cyber-crime. You’ll be tackling issues like these in over 170 countries. It’s a big challenge, but you’ll have a truly diverse network helping you. As part of an international team, every day would provide opportunities to learn, grow and share ideas.
As you make an impact across borders, you’ll feel the support of being part of a strong and stable company. A long-standing player in the insurance industry, we make every effort to address the career development needs and plans of our employees to ensure their success in the future.
So make a difference. Be challenged. Be inspired. Be supported, Love what you do. Work for us.
Zurich Insurance has the policy to be an equal opportunity employer. We aim to attract and retain the best qualified individuals available, without regard to criteria such as race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability.